- 4 whole eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf french baguette cut into 1-inch rounds
- fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Pour the mix into a shallow dish and place the bread medallions in it. Toss to coat. Let sit for 15 minutes. Turn medallions over midway so both sides get good and soaked.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Place a few medallions at a time in the skillet and fry on both sides until golden brown. Place on paper towel lined plate to drain. Continue with remaining medallions.
- Serve with real maple syrup, fresh blueberries and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins