- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter; divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese; shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 whole egg; beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions and set aside
- In a medium size pan combine 2 Tablespoons butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
- Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter and mix with 1/2 bread crumbs.
- Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese and pinch of buttered bread crumbs. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before gently removing the bites.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins