It’s summer and fresh corn is abundant. So is zucchini! Which means it’s a great opportunity to whip up these wonderful Corn and Zucchini Fritters. They are a perfect accompaniment to a Sunday ham dinner or perhaps even a meat loaf dinner or just by themselves. It’s your choice, but something I do know is you and your family will love them. They are quite delicious!
And a tool I highly recommend you have in your stash of kitchen gadgets is the Corn Zipper. It’s great for safely removing fresh kernels from cobs. It’s a must have for any kitchen!
These fritters are best consumed the day of so be sure to have a crowd as the recipe makes 12 or so fritters.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup cooked ham finely chopped
- 1½ cups zucchini grated
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- oil for frying
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, 2 teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together butter, eggs, and milk; add to flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Add ham, zucchini, and corn, and stir until well blended.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until it registers 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Working in batches of 4 or 5, gently drop two tablespoons batter into skillet for each fritter, pressing gently with a spatula to flatten. Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer with a spatula or slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Season fritters with salt and pepper while still hot.