A friend called me a few weeks ago asking my recommendation for a bourbon – she was serving Whiskey Sours for dinner guests. They were having steak for dinner. What a great drink choice for steaks. And I have to admit, I love a good Whiskey Sour.
My choice of whiskey, you ask? Likely Knob Creek or Jack Daniels. You can’t go wrong with either.
You can buy sweet and sour mix at the liquor store or grocery store. I have found a wonderful mix at Ingles from Agalima. In a pinch, this is my “go to” mix.
I much prefer to make my own. It’s always better made fresh, no matter what it is.
Live it up and drink it down!Print
- 2 ounces Bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounce Sweet and Sour mix (or more to taste)
- 1 Maraschino cherry (for serving)
- Add 1/2 cup ice to shaker.
- Top with bourbon whiskey and sour mix. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain into rocks glass filled with ice or martini glass with no ice.
- Garnish with Maraschino cherry. Enjoy!