Today I made Ree Drummond’s (Pioneer Woman) Restaurant Style Salsa but I made a small tweak. I like my salsa spicy hot! I’ve become quite addicted to Mrs.Renfro’s Habanero Salsa. Yes, it is quite tasty. I think if given a straw, I could drink it from the jar.
So, with that being said, this homemade restaurant style salsa had ALOT to live up to, you know? So, I used one can Rotel Mild and one can of Rotel Fire Roasted. That was my tweak. For me, it’s just the perfect blend. You can certainly adjust those Rotel flavors to suit your preference.
I have to say I’m in love with this new salsa! Talk about needing a straw! I’ve eaten two bowls of it tonight! Very delicioso, to say the least. And you can tell it’s fresh! You can taste the fresh cilantro, the lime juice, and the jalapeno. Every now and then I’ll get a kick of the jalapeno. Oh my!
My best suggestion is to have iced tea on hand, water with lemon or a gigantic picture of margaritas! You’ll need one or the other! But it’ll be worth it!
- 28 ounce Whole tomatoes with juice
- 10 ounce Rotel mild
- 10 ounce Rotel fire roasted
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 whole Jalapeno peppers quartered and sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ Lime juiced
- Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you desire. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving for flavors to blend.