Do you ever find yourself in need of a quick, yet filling dinner that will appeal to everyone in the family or just for yourself? Well,then this is the dish!
I made it one night and fell in love. It’s definitely a meal I will make again and again. Oddly enough, it reheats quite well. I didn’t think it would with all that cheese but it most certainly did and even was a bit creamier than the first time around. Imagine that!
And it’s not expensive so if you’re on a budget, it’s a perfect meal. I thought I would miss the meat but that was not the case at all! Add a side salad and a chunk of bread and you’ll have a fulfilling meal to satisfy even the most discriminating palate.
- 12 oz. Spaghetti
- 2 T. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ C. Heavy cream
- ¾ C. Chicken broth
- ¾ C. Shredded Italian cheese blend
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1 minute, then add heavy cream, chicken broth, and ½ cup pasta water. Add cooked spaghetti and toss with tongs until noodles are fully coated and liquid is simmering.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Toss constantly, adding more pasta water until sauce reaches desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.