You asked for it, here it is! This is the most delicious and refreshing cocktail incorporating Irish Whiskey and lemon simple syrup. Oh, and blackberries which give it a little flavor and that beautiful pink color. I tend to gravitate to pink cocktails since pink is my favorite color.
Those who know me, know I used to bartend which means nothing except that I love finding (and testing, of course), new drink recipes.
This one, my friends, is definitely a keeper. Get your lemon simple syrup made, get your blackberries (and they are already beautiful) and get that bottle of Bushmills Irish Whiskey. You’ll thank me later!
Live it up and drink it down!
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1½ cups Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 ounces Lemon Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- Crushed Ice
- In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add in lemon juice and stir well.
- Transfer to sterilized bottles. Refrigerate - keeps indefinitely.
- Add 2 ounces lemon simple syrup, Bushmills Irish Whiskey, and three blackberries to a shaker and shake vigorously until blackberries start to break up to give that gorgeous bush color.
- Strain into glass packed with fresh crushed ice.
- Garnish with additional blackberries.