Christmas cookies! Now, don’t those just look yummy? They are, trust me. I love these little spritz cookies and it’s a perfect excuse to use my Pampered Chef cookie press. I know I can use the cookie press any time of the year (there are lots of different designs) but it seems the only time I think about it is during the holidays.
These are quick, fun, and you can decorate with sprinkles of any color. As you can see here, I chose a Christmas motif, using the Christmas tree design and holiday sprinkles. It can’t get any easier than that!
And, yes, these are very kid friendly. They can help mix the dough and then add the sprinkles. The press takes a bit of practice so maybe leave that for the adult! In any event, I know you’ll love this very simple yet classic Christmas cookie!
- 1½ cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sugar or sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed of the electric mixer about 3 minutes or until creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add the egg and vanilla; beat well. Add the flour; mix on low speed just until blended, scraping down the sides as necessary. (The dough will be soft; do not refrigerate.)
- Fit the Cookie Press with the desired disk and fill it with the dough. Press the dough onto the Cookie Sheet 1″ (2.5 cm) apart. Decorate the cookies with colored sugar or sprinkles, if desired. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Cool the cookies 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Chocolate Spritz Cookies: Increase sugar to 1¼ cups. Decrease flour to 3 cups. Combine flour and ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder in medium mixing bowl; blend well. Proceed as recipe directs.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 140
- Sodium: 55mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg