Here is yet another wonderful dish for a cold winter’s night. It is so good, creamy, full of flavor and very awesome. And can be put together quickly on a work night.
As with any dish that combines cream, chicken and pasta, I usually add a bit of ground nutmeg. It adds a warmth to the dish that can’t be matched nor can anyone guess the flavoring! You just wouldn’t think “nutmeg”. With this dish, I added about a half teaspoon or so to the mixture (when I added the chicken broth and cream). It is soooo good and makes such a subtle difference. Try it!
This is a great dish to serve for guests. It does come together quickly so you’re not in the kitchen all night preparing the meal. You can actually cook, serve, and enjoy your guests!
And as always, you’ll thank me later!!
Creamy Chicken Ravioli
- 1/2 cup bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 cups diced chicken
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 22 ounces spinach cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
3 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the bacon and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the bacon is golden.
- Add the diced chicken. Cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until the chicken changes color.
- Add the wine to the frying pan. Simmer for 2 minutes or until mixture is reduced slightly.
- Add the ravioli, chicken broth, and cream.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and ravioli is tender. Season.
- Stir in the spinach and parmesan. Sprinkle with shallot and extra parmesan.