I named this blog post and recipe, Low Country Boil Packets but in reality it should be Low Country Foil Packets because, well, these are cooked in foil packets on the grill. Yes, on the grill. No need to pull out the outdoor cooker and make a ton of food if you don’t need to although that’s always fun to do if you are having quite a few guests for dinner. But if not, this is definitely a great alternative.
And what a perfect thing for single people or those cooking for two! It’s just perfect. Just use the amount of ingredients you need for the foil packets and save the remaining ingredients for another day. Or invite a couple of friends over to enjoy dinner with you!
I put the shrimp in frozen but everything else is fresh and thinly sliced, as you can see in the photo. It all cooks and the flavors meld so nicely in the foil packet! You can add more spice if you want or less if that suits you better. It’s very easy to individualize each packet for the person.
Just a perfect meal anytime of year but especially during the summer months. It’s quick and easy and fool proof. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1½ lb. large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Smoked Andouille Sausages, thinly sliced
- 2 ears Corn, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 lb. Red Potatoes, chopped into 1-in pieces
- 2 tbsp. EV Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley Leaves
- Preheat grill over high heat.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12 inches long. Divide shrimp, garlic, sausage, corn, and potatoes evenly over the foil sheets. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the Old Bay seasoning and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Top each mixture with parsley, lemon and a tablespoon of butter each.
- Fold the foil packets crosswise over the shrimp boil mixture to completely cover the food. Roll the top and bottom edges to seal them closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.