Get your mind out of the gutter!! I’m talking about a quick dinner! If so, this recipe is for you. Perfect for a quick, healthy weeknight dinner. It’s light, no creamy sauce, just chicken broth and some Parmesan cheese and garlic. But it’s tasty and did I say quick?
You can add other ingredients to suite your tastes ie cooked mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes or even canned artichoke hearts. Or whatever floats your boat.
Regardless if you use the recipe as written or add other ingredients, I’m sure you’ll love how tasty and quick (have I said that before) this recipe is. Just perfection!
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.