We’ve all had numerous variations of cole slaw – me, included. Some I’ve loved and some I’ve tolerated. But this recipe is divine! When I saw that it had champagne vinegar in it, I was sold. Anything with champagne is good, right?
So, I pulled out the ole mandolin which, for the record, I am terrified of (it has very sharp blades) to shred the cabbage! I have learned if you respect the mandolin, it will serve you well. Invest in your own (follow the link here). Besides shredding cabbage to the perfect length, width, etc. for slaw, you can use it to slice and chop a multitude of other vegetables. It will be well used, trust me.
So, back to the slaw. Top that mountain of freshly shredded cabbage with this light, creamy, and tasty dressing. You will have the best cole slaw you’ve ever made or eaten. It’ll be your “go to” recipe for slaw going forward. And your family and guests will love you for it!
- 5 cups Cabbage shredded
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Celery seed
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Whole-grain dijon mustard
- Place shredded cabbage and kosher salt in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Mix next five ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix in with cabbage, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, so the flavors will blend.