In a hurry but still want a filling and hot breakfast? Then this is the recipe for you. You just make your grits, as normal, add a bit of cheese and spinach, fill individual custard cups, add your egg and bacon bits and bake until the egg is set.
This can also be served to guests because, as you can see, it’s quite pleasing to the eye. Add some fruit on the side and perhaps some link sausage, and you’ve satisfied everyone in your home. Surely this recipe will bring a smile to your family – anytime of the week.
- ¾ cup instant grits
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup grated cheddar, divided
- 4 teaspoons bacon bits
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray four 8-ounce ramekins with PAM. Prepare grits according to package directions. Stir in spinach and 2 tablespoons cheddar. Cook until cheddar melts, about 30 seconds.
- Divide grits among dishes. Make a well in each, then crack an egg into each well. Top with bacon bits.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 20 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through.
- To serve, top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheddar and a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper.