Few things speak “summer” to me more than macaroni salad. It’s a great side for a picnic or even for your backyard cookout. It’s very much like potato salad, however, it’s easier as you don’t have to peel all those potatoes!
Who wants to stay in the kitchen all morning making a side item? With this recipe, you’ll be in and out in 45 minutes tops! Perfect . . . because wouldn’t you rather be outside enjoying your picnic or outside by the grill enjoying your guests? I know I would!
Try this recipe and let me know how you like it!
- 1 pound Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 2 Eggs boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon Sweet pickle finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Yellow mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain. Boil and peel eggs. Place macaroni in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, sweet pickles, onion powder, salt, pepper, and yellow mustard. Mix well. You may need to add more mayonnaise, depending on your preferences. Add chopped eggs. Lightly toss. Chill!
- Remember, if serving the next day, you will likely need to add more mayonnaise before serving because the noodles will soak up the mayonnaise as it sits.